Friends are a necessary part of life, for institutions as well as for people. Over a thousand residents of Arlington County have dedicated their support to outstanding library services by being Friends of the Arlington Public Library. Join us!
Already a member? Renew your membership online right now.
Some of the Library services supported by the Friends:
- Summer Reading program for children and teens each summer
- Arlington Reads for all ages
- Collections for Pre-School Story Hour
- New classical CDs
- Translations of local oral histories
- Seed projects, such as databases for genealogy research and online courses for personal and professional development
- Author talks, film series, and dramatic readings
Your membership dues bring you the following benefits:
- Entry to Members Only Night at the spring and fall book sales
- Invitation to the annual meeting, featuring local authors and expert speakers
- Participation in special events, like the Puzzle Fest
- Tax-deductible support of library initiatives
Already a member?
Renew your membership online right now.
- First chance at book sale materials on opening night
- Emails with information about upcoming sales and events.
- An annual meeting and program featuring noted speakers
- The knowledge that you’re a supporter of the excellent programs and materials that the Friends provide
|Student||$5.00 per year|
|Individual||$15.00 per year|
|Household||$25.00 per year|
|Supporting||$50.00 per year|
- Membership cards are not distributed, but your name will be added to the membership directory and you will receive a written acknowledgement. All membership fees and donations are tax deductible.
- The membership year is 12 months from the date of payment.
Join online or pick up an enrollment form for Friends membership at any Arlington Public Library location.
Return the completed form with your check (payable to Friends of Arlington Public Library) to:
Friends of Arlington Public Library
1015 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22201
Please contact the Friends via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.